Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Say What!?!?

I've been so busy this summer that I haven't remembered to keep up with one of my favorite posts - Say What!?! I finally made the effor this week to put it down for memory!
 
The boys are now sharing a bedroom. Adam has adjusted pretty well to having a roommate and being in the bunkbed. One morning this past week, I heard him stirring before Jacob.

Adam: Jacob? are you awake?
(no response)
Adam: Jacob? I love you!
(no response)
Adam: Jacob! I said I LOVE you!
(no response)
Adam: Jacob! Why you not say "I love you, too"?

****************************

While driving to the movies the other day:
Adam: Are we still on earth?

*****************************


Adam ran to the grocery store with me the other day. He loved being my little helper in the store, carrying the basket and helping scan things at check out. He even helped carry the two bags out to the car. When we got in the car, he asked where he should put the bags. I suggested he put them in Jacob's car seat so they didn't get squished on the floor of the van.

Adam: (talking to the bags in the seat next to him) Hi Jacob! You look different Jacob! I see you ate some popcorn.
As we turned a corner, one of the bags fell off the seat.
Adam: Oh no! Jacob fell out of his car seat! Jacob? Are you ok?
When we stopped to get pizza, he made sure to pick up the bag that fell.
Adam: Jacob, I'll hold you so you don't fall again.
When we got home, he carried the bags inside
Adam: Don't forget to take Jacob home!
As he walked in the door: Jacob! Look! I brought you home!

****************************

While at the playground last week, Jacob was standing atop a jungle gym, singing: There's a party in my pants! There's a party in my pants!

Thank goodness no other kids or moms were around to hear!!

 ****************************

The next day, I was worried what I'd see when he came into the room saying "Mom! Want to see my banana!?!

****************************

Adam recently watched Sarah get undressed and ready for the bath. He stepped back, surprised "Sarah! Where'd your peepee go?" He then looked around, checking the ground behind her "Did it fall off?"

****************************

While cuddling in bed;
Adam: Why did you eat me?
Me: Eat you? what do you mean?
Adam: When I was in your belly! Why did you eat me?
Me: I didn't eat you, God put you there.
Adam: And then you pooped me out?




2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

These are all priceless, but I really love the one about Adam addressing the grocery bags as Jacob. He's a smart cookie to carry that conversation all the way through! :)

Cheryl Lage said...

You sure "pooped" out some hysterical kiddos, Barb! ;)

Darling!