Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Fun List 2013

We're 2 weeks into summer and we have been BUSY already! The first week was a rough one - this Mama feared a Loooong summer with the kids...but this week has been much better!

The kids and I promptly made a Summer Fun list the first week - its full of play dates as their #1 thing to do...I think each kid requested no less than 4-5 friends to get together with this summer (that's a LOT of play dates!) We've already gotten a few in but there's LOTS more to plan!

How cool is it that the KIDS wrote this out - not me!!!

The kids' other requests:
* Vacation Bible School (check!)
* Flint Children's Museum
* Saginaw Children's Museum (check!)
* Impression 5 museum
* Go to the beach
* Swim at Grandma's (check!)
* Go to Tawas (planned!)
* Go to our park
* Go to BR Park
* Splash Village (yeah for completing swimming lessons and getting free passes!)



I was surprised they didn't ask for more but I left it there. I've got plenty of other ideas for things to do this summer:
* Bowling
* Roller skating
* Movies (so many fun kids movies out this summer!) (one down!)
* Carriage Ride in Frankenmuth
* Fireworks
* Camping
* Crim run (Teddy Bear Trot or the 1 mile run)
* Color Run (planned)
* Grand Rapids - zoo, gardens (planned!)
* Switch bedrooms - put the boys together and give Sarah her own room
* Paint/decorate the boys' room - baseball or lego?
* Possibly take a tour of Comerica Park in Detroit - home of the Tigers!

There's plenty of things on my OWN list, too!
* Get back to running at least 3 days/week (got 2 runs in this week!)
* Read at least 5 books (2 down already!)
* Finish up 2 more summer classes and get some mentor/intern hours in
* Lunch dates with a few friends
* A few dates with my hubby!
* Plan our Disney trip for November! (omg..I need to get ON this!)
* Get a facial & massage
* Clean out our den/office of clutter!
* Run the 10 mile Crim again (I NEED to get running more! see above...)
* Make Photo Books of the kids' 1st years (this has been on my list for 3 summers! eek! I have TWO done now though and the 3rd started!)
* Photo Books for the past few years (i.e. "Year in Review)

What's on YOUR summer fun list? What books are you reading?


1 comments:

Mandy said...

We have tons of trips on our summer bucket list. The ladies are all fired up to mark things off! If I get half of MY things done I'll be amazed!!