Thursday, December 06, 2012

Proud Mama!

We had Jacob and Sarah's Parent/Teacher Conferences last week and I couldn't be happier of what I heard from each of their teachers.

Both of them are right on track on everything they need to know at this point. They got "3"s on everything (which is what they should have at this point) and Sarah was even surpassing grade level expectations in a couple areas. Her teacher told us she's getting 1st grade homework for reading and writing and she's doing great on it.

Jacob's teacher said he's working hard, being a good helper and friend, getting his work done and is "intrinsically motivated" to learn and do a good job!! Isn't that what almost every parent wants to hear about their child!

Sarah's teacher said she is a leader in the class, setting a great example, being a good friend and helping others. She's careful with her work and excelling in all she does. She's sounding out words on her own and reading at an early first grade level!

They've both done great being in their own classrooms. They've each made a lot of friends and are happy with their teachers and classmates. They do well on their homework and are happy when they come home from school. They sit with each other at lunch sometimes and play on the playground together some days too so I'm happy to see/hear that they each have their own time/space...but are also happy to reconnect at times throughout the day. I've been very happy with both of their teachers - I think they are a great match for their unique personalities.

I'm so proud of how well they are doing and just amazed at all they are learning! Sarah is eager to read and Jacob continues to be interested in numbers. He told me the other day that he counted up to 634 on the bus that day to pass the time on their ride to school! The next day he said he remembered where he left off and then counted to 865!

While its hard to believe they are 6 years old and in school already, I couldn't be happier with the amazing little people they've become. They are such good kids, so sweet and so adorable! I might be biased but I think they are the most amazing 6 year olds on the planet!

School Pictures

1 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I knew J&S would do great in school...as I'm sure you did, too...but I know it has to make you beam all over to see their accolades in writing.

So fantastic, Barb!!!