Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas morning

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours has been great and technically its not over yet as we head to my parent's house tomorrow to celebrate with my side of the family.

We spent Christmas eve with Paul's mom, brother, niece and cousin. It was a quiet evening and the kids each enjoyed checking my phone throughout the evening to check on Santa's trek across the world via Norad. What a fun thing! They were ready to head home shortly after 7:30 as they saw he was getting closer to the Atlantic Ocean and they wanted to be sure they were home and in bed before he came. Jacob even asked me as we said goodnight "Are you sure Santa will know we're home now and he can come?" ;-)

Jacob and Sarah were up and ready by 7am (I'm not sure what time exactly they woke up but our rule was to stay in their room until 7 or until Mom and Dad were done with our showers. They had to wake Adam up and they all rushed down the stairs excitedly to see what Santa had brought for them.

Santa did not disappoint! The kids all loved the little treasures they found in their stockings and couldn't wait to dive into their 'big' presents. Jacob was super excited about a HUGE present that was almost as tall as him! It was  Detroit Tigers Pennant that he claims was one of his favorite presents this year (score!). Jacob got lots of Star Wars and Lego gifts this year. Sarah so badly wanted an American Girl doll and was so certain she was going to get one that I'm not sure what she would have done if Santa hadn't brought her one. She received Rebecca, some clothes for her doll, cowgirl boots and a jump rope - pretty much everything she wanted! Adam got lots of surprises this year - mainly because he changed his mind every time he saw Santa. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be upset about what he didn't get! Santa brought him his own LeapPad (no more sneaking and stealing Jacob or Sarah's Leapsters! ha!), a Lightning McQueen Pillow Pet, some new clothes and an Axe (something he'd asked for! Don't worry...its Nerf!).

We made it to church that morning, the kids cooperated for some pictures while they were dressed up (a Christmas miracle!), and then we relaxed at home, playing the Wii, watching movies, and playing with our new toys. It was a nice day and I'm so thankful for the many gifts I have in my life! Hope your Christmas was just as wonderful!

Santa has arrived!

Ready to dive into gifts!

He couldn't believe how big this present was!

Adam opening up his LeapPad

I love that I caught her face as she discovered her AG doll!

Clone Trooper Jacob

My 3 'Angels'

My handsome boys
Sarah with Rebecca 
(She'd changed her doll's dress so she could be in blue, too...
and put a feather in her hair since she had one as well, too!)

My kiddos and I

Daddy and his 3 elves

2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So glad you had a great Christmas, Barb! Hope you're enjoying some restful and fun time off, too! :)

Happy New Year!!!

strongblonde said...

Happy new year! :) looks like you guys had a great holiday season! hopefully you are getting some time to relax today!