* Next week is my last full week off of work. :-( I thought I might be busy trying to get into my new classroom to get unpacked but that doesn't look like its going to happen so I guess I get to enjoy another full week and try not to worry about getting everything ready!
* I had dinner last night with a co-worker/friend from our previous school and her friend who is a teacher at our new school. It is nice to have at least one contact and to know we'll have one familiar face when we get there.
* The bad news is we have very different hours this year...like my start time is 7:20 am!! ugh! Yes, we'll get out earlier but I've gotten used to getting out later (3:45/4pm)...it will be tough to adjust to getting up even earlier and starting So. Much. earlier. ugh!
* Adam and I had a 'date day' yesterday, just him and I, while Sarah and Jacob went to their friends' house with a babysitter. He chose to go to the Children's museum (I took him to a different one than we usually go to), get new shoes (like his siblings did earlier this week) and to have lunch at "Old McDonalds." We had a fun day and it was so nice to get to enjoy some 1-on-1 time with him, which is VERY rare!!
* We have our annual Mothers of Multiples picnic this weekend and its our 40 year anniversary for our group! We've invited back 'alumni' members - I hope some are able to make it - it would be cool to see past generations and their multiples!
* A few weekends ago, we were able to snag a last minute babysitter and meet up with some friends who were in town for the weekend for a race. Monica and I met our freshman year of college and have kept in touch over the years but it had probably been 5-6 years since we'd seen each other! Becky and I have a funny story of how we've 'met' and gotten to know each other through Monica and it was the first time we'd all been together. We seriously had a great evening - great beer and wine and TONS of laughs!! I definitely hope we can do it again next year on the same weekend! (Becky told us to book a sitter now!)
* I'm running a "Practice" Crim this weekend - they welcome runners to run the course Sunday morning to help prepare for the race on the 25th. I'm grateful to have a chance to run the course before the real race, without any pressure! I'm also grateful the weather is supposed to be very cool the next few days so it should make for a nice run - hoping we can say the same in 2 weeks!
Hope you have a great weekend!